Hancock County Museum Volunteer Opportunities
The backbone of all museums are their volunteers! Please consider giving some time one day a year, one day a month, one day a week, or a few hours when you can to help preserve the history of Hancock County for our children. These are some areas of need:
- Docents – act as hostesses/hosts for tours.
- Housekeepers – dust, polish, and wash to serve ongoing needs.
- Gardeners – help maintain the grounds.
- Program Developers – conceive and implement programs that will entertain and educate Hancock County residents of all ages.
- Grant Writers – take action to access restoration and preservation funds.
- Preservationists – learn the art of preserving wood, paper and cloth items that are pertinent to our history.
Image created by Betty Smith.